The Ubisoft Indie Series presented by National Bank is a competition for independent game development studios, offering cash prizes, mentorship, creative and financial tools to help local studios and their games reach new heights.
Ubisoft is a supporter of the videogame ecosystem
Ubisoft opened its first Canadian studio in 1997. Since then, the company has played an active role in developing a passionate and creative ecosystem where studios, small and large, have collaborated to make the videogame industry shine on an international level.
Making games is difficult and presents many challenges: financially, creatively, and more. This is precisely why we want to connect with our colleagues, share knowledge and expertise, and together, ensure Canada continues to grow as a game development leader worldwide.
National Bank is a supporter of Canadian entrepreneurs in the videogame industry
Our involvement in the contest builds on this history. National Bank was founded in 1859 by and for entrepreneurs. As we’ve grown, we’ve been there to guide tens of thousands of businesses through every stage of their development. Today, the Bank continues to serve as a key partner for businesses of all sizes. Our experts offer support to businesses in a variety of sectors and have extensive experience in developing business models for tech companies.
The winning studio in Quebec will receive:
- Mentorship provided by Ubisoft experts to help with development according to the studio’s needs.
- Personalized financial diagnosis and counsel provided by National Bank experts.
- Marketing support for the game.
- Internal and external communications activities to promote the collaboration between Ubisoft and the studio, locally and internationally.
- Entrepreneurial training experience offered by National Bank.