Full-time - 8562BR
When you’re an Online Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s online features, frameworks, optimizing online performance, and developing custom services deployed to the cloud. You’re part of a team preparing the game for launch and then supporting it once it’s live.
During the game’s development, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to connect? Do the servers scale to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users? Is the experience as seamless as it can be?
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networked and online features. You care about providing our players with the seamless online playground they deserve.
What you'll do
- Develop fast, reliable and most importantly, fun online features in collaboration with gameplay and design teams.
- Understand existing functions, suggest and develop improvements with the goal of bringing the best online experience to our players.
- Collaborate daily with a variety of production and support teams.
- Resolve online and network bugs.
- Document your work.
What you bring
- Experience in developing and optimizing C++, C#, GO, Python, and Java code
- Experience with online frameworks, services and network optimization
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Experience developing online features that interact with Xbox Live or Playstation Network is an asset
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped an online game is an asset
- Experience with services like AWS, Docker or Azure is an asset
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.