Animation Team Lead
Full-time - REF18905N
As an Animation Team Lead, you will support the Project Lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM) in overseeing work quality and deadlines for your small team. You will help follow up on and validate your team’s work and coach team members while overseeing part of the development of the game (where necessary).
What you'll do
- Create, prioritize, assign and regularly follow up on tasks and the advancement of the team’s work with regards to deliverables;
- Represent the team;
- Organize and lead team meetings;
- Know the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents) and understand the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead/coach the team;
- Draft regular reports for the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) on the advancement of the team’s work and recommend corrective measures whenever necessary to meet project objectives;
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts and recommend solutions to the Project lead (CP)/ Production manager (PM) for the team;
- Be a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects for team members (where necessary);
- Take part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Project lead (CP)/ Production Manager (PM);
- Coordinate bug correction as it pertains to the team’s work;
- Ensure that new employees integrate the team;
- Help recruit new team members;
- Create a portion of the required animation;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring to the team
- Experience in animation and in leading a team;
- Participation in at least one complete game production or equivalent;
- Time and priority management for both yourself and your team;
- Ability to assemble productive teams;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
- Ability to delegate;
- Stress and change management skills;
- Managerial courage;
- Sense of initiative;
- Database knowledge an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
- Knowledge of the technical constraints of real time, 3D engines and level editors;
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.