Technical lead UI
Full-time - REF25279T
As a Technical Lead UI at Ubi MTL, you’re an established leader, an expert in your field, who relies on past learnings to guide decisions in the present and proactively plan for the future.
You steer a team of programmers towards a technical vision, plus produce high-quality code and navigate constraints to turn it into reality.
With a responsibility to help your team of programmers develop their skills, you coach and mentor them, empowering them to innovate and perform at their best.
Thanks to your expertise, credibility, and reliability, not only can developers on your project turn to you for information and direction, but so can others. You’re a go-to person for guidance and a trusted advisor for Ubisoft employees worldwide.
What you’ll do
- Define the technical vision in UI + plan its technical roadmap.
- Regularly meet with your programming team to discuss progress, tackle setbacks, share updates, present features, give feedback, and informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks and issues.
- Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills + provide them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.).
- Write elegant code customized to the hardware you’re working with.
- Provide technical oversight by reviewing code and making technical validations.
- Anticipate and assess complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions.
- Synch up with other technical leads to remove blockers and keep production moving forward.
- Communicate with interdependent teams on other projects to exchange information.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to define our best practices + share them with our studios.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- More than 5 years of programming experience + 1 year of technical leadership
- A deep understanding of a variety of systems, programming languages, interdependencies, and critical issues or game engines.
- The ability to make informed, immediate decisions with minimal long-term impacts.
- Skills in debugging complex crashes and analyzing performance problems.
- A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again.
- Excellent mentorship, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit.
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences.
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Catherine. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.