Full-time - 8562BR
As an online programmer at Ubisoft Montreal, you will support the production teams by shaping the connected experience of online players. You will design, develop, optimize, deploy, and maintain the systems, features, and services to provide them with an unparalleled multiplayer environment.
With each new iteration, you’ll be committed to answering the most fundamental questions: Can players easily connect? Can the servers support hundreds of thousands of people? Is the connected experience seamless?
Equipped with the latest tools, your reliable and cohesive team will use inventiveness, logic, and will collaborate at every stage of development to answer “yes” to these questions and ultimately accomplish its main mission: deliver the best possible online gaming experience, the experience our players deserve.
What you’ll do
- Develop powerful, reliable, and most importantly, fun online systems in collaboration with the gameplay and game design teams.
- Understand existing features and suggest improvements to create the best possible online experience.
- Collaborate with multiple production and production support teams to achieve a common vision.
- Fix bugs and maintain online systems.
- Document your work to make the different functionalities clear.
- Ensure a technological watch so that the studio is always at the forefront of online services.
What you bring
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or other relevant training)
- Experience developing and optimizing online systems written in C++, C#, GO, Java and Python
- Experience with online systems and services and optimizing online code
- Knowledge of designing connected features with PlayStation Network or Xbox Live (an asset)
- Knowledge of cloud systems such as Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Relational and collaborative skills that allow you to achieve the vision of the game in a harmonious way with the different teams
- A keen sense of rigour and self-reliance, accompanied by a strong thirst for learning
- A creative spirit focused on innovation
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.