Live Operations Manager
Full-time - REF15010D
The live operations manager will oversee and coordinate the live operations of one or many games/projects and ensure the attainment of the objectives set by the online operations director and/or the client, the producer.
The main and routine tasks of the live operations manager are to:
- Support and ensure the effective coordination of the operations and technical teams;
- Support and coordinate pre-launch operations activities (beta coordination);
- Take part in developing the launch plan and coordinate execution;
- Effectively communicate with teams so that they are informed of ongoing projects (advancement and direction);
- Help define the scope of the project and deliverables by estimating the impact in terms of workload and resources;
- Implement problem-solving processes with internal partners (GNS, TG, development teams, etc.);
- Ensure that priorities are managed and respected according to the plan set out with the producer and online operations director;
- Ensure that teams have the technical support required to work effectively (in collaboration with internal partners: GNS, TG, etc.);
- Report on the advancement of the deliverables (planned versus actual) to the team, producer and online operations director and address any gaps;
- Ensure clear communications and effective coordination with internal and external service providers (SFO, online services, etc.).
Human resources management
- Mobilize the team by regularly assessing team morale, determine the cause(s) of any issues and implement relevant solutions;
- Coach team members in their work to foster their development in their current position or in view of their career perspectives;
- Carry out and validate performance assessments and set team objectives;
- Determine and manage poorly performing team members and interpersonal conflicts;
- Help set out development activities (training, COOP. etc.) for team members;
- Approve time sheets and manage team members’ absences and vacation time.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Experience in team coordination/management;
- Video game production experience;
- Online/mobile game development experience an asset.
Skills and knowledge
- Extensive technical knowledge of deployment tools and databases;
- Project management skills;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite;
- Ability to manage stress and change;
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Resourcefulness in problem solving;
- Ability to adapt to different types of personalities;
- Courageous management;
- Good sense of judgment;
- Listening skills;
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.