Live Operations Manager
Full-time - REF15010D
As a Live Operations Manager at Ubi MTL, you will oversee and coordinate the live operations of one or many games/projects and ensure the attainment of the objectives set by the online operations director and/or the client, the producer.
What you'll do
- Support and ensure the effective coordination of the operations and technical teams.
- Support and coordinate pre-launch operations activities (beta coordination
- Take part in developing the launch plan and coordinate execution.
- Effectively communicate with teams so that they are informed of ongoing projects (advancement and direction).
- Help define the scope of the project and deliverables by estimating the impact in terms of workload and resources.
- Implement problem-solving processes with internal partners (GNS, TG, development teams, etc.).
- Ensure that priorities are managed and respected according to the plan set out with the producer and online operations director.
- Ensure that teams have the technical support required to work effectively (in collaboration with internal partners: GNS, TG, etc.).
- Report on the advancement of the deliverables (planned versus actual) to the team, producer and online operations director and address any gaps.
- Ensure clear communications and effective coordination with internal and external service providers (SFO, online services, etc.).
- Mobilize the team by regularly assessing team morale, determine the cause(s) of any issues and implement relevant solutions.
- Coach team members in their work to foster their development in their current position or in view of their career perspectives.
- Carry out and validate performance assessments and set team objectives.
- Determine and manage poorly performing team members and interpersonal conflicts.
- Help set out development activities (training, COOP. etc.) for team members.
- Approve time sheets and manage team members’ absences and vacation time.
What you bring
- Experience in team & project management, and video game production experience;
- Online/mobile game development experience is an asset;
- Extensive technical knowledge of deployment tools and databases;
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
- Ability to adapt to different types of personalities;
- Courageous management;
- Good sense of judgment, listening skills, and transparency.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.