Full-time - 4301BR
As a Generalist Programmer at Ubi Montréal, you know you’ve done great work when the tools you’ve created are stable, up and running and effective for members of the production team.
You develop systems on a particularly large spectrum, from game engines to game editors, or any middleware used in production. You might also work on a specific system (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) for a mandate or depending on your team’s size and needs.
Your role is central to the health of a project as you nurture the systems that are the foundation of a game. You make it possible for content production teams to focus on creating the most fun and enriching experiences for our players.
What you'll do
- Develop generic systems to support the functionalities of the specialist programmers (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) and ensure their integration (engine, editor or middleware).
- Support the production team by making sure their tools are stable and effective.
- Program in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability and compatibility requirements.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets.
- Debug and optimize already existing systems.
- Document your work to ensure knowledge transfer and help users understand the new systems and features.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C++
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- Good analytical and synthesis skills and attention to details
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness, that push you to go talk to people.
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.