3D Character Artist
Full-time - REF24069U
As a Character Artist at Ubi MTL, you'll create people, creatures, and animals for players to interact and connect with. You’ll combine your artistic and technical talents to form the physical features that define the characters that live within our worlds.
You'll enjoy the detailed, versatile, far-from-boring character development process. To you, creating new blend shapes, good edge flow, and optimized meshes will be opportunities to push your skills. Always eager to improve, you’ll constantly be on the lookout for feedback to refine your art and build the best foundation for characters to be brought to life.
What you'll do
- Sculpt high poly characters with ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, modeling softwares.
- Rework the topology and optimize low poly model
- Work on UV packing while taking in consideration the customization features in the engine.
- Bake the different maps of the PBR workflow from high poly to low poly.
- Create PBR textures in Substance Painter.
- Integrate low poly model from 3Ds Max to the engine.
- Add details with in-engine shaders.
- Collaborate with teammates and lead to ensure delivering everything by the deadline.
What you bring
- Game industry experience with 3D packages, preferably 3DSMax & ZBrush (AAA game experience is an asset)
- Knowledge of real-time modeling techniques (shaders, PBR, normal, displacement etc.)
- Solid high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills
- Experience in modeling of realistic human anatomy
- Good working knowledge of and experience with facial and hair development
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Nicole. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.