Web Developer (Harbour)
Full-time - REF10260P
Working within Ubi MTL's Harbour team, the candidate would be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of tools and web applications.
These tools and applications allow automation and simplification of key operations like deployments of builds and versions, or the capacity to quickly develop operational apps designed specifically for "Games as a Service" projects. In addition to offering a platform where our partners can be autonomous in their development efforts, we also act as co-developers using our expertise to produce applications.
Harbour collaborates with several major productions, including Rainbow Six, Assassin’s Creed, For Honor, Far Cry, Just Dance, Skull & Bones, and many more.
The tools and technology used by Harbour include:
- Polymer, WebComponents & React for front-end;
- NodeJS for back-end microservices;
- NodeJS and WebSockets for real-time information updating;
- Redis & PostgreSQL for databases;
- Docker and Gitlab CI for the testing and integration pipeline.
Our tools must also integrate several internal APIs.
There is a specific focus on the implementation of best development practices (continuous integration/deployment), code review, pair programming and microservice architecture.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain frontend web applications based on internal client needs.
- Compile, understand, and analyze the operational needs of the production and service teams to best serve their interests.
- Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems and functions.
- Check and validate that new systems are in line with project objectives and remain coherent with the current code, optimizing when necessary.
- Support the functions and systems designed for production.
- Verify and correct bugs identified by other working units and the QC team.
- Document your work to transfer knowledge and ensure that users in other working units understand and use the new systems and functions.
- Participate in daily team activities.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or any other equivalent training
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL), non-relational (MongoDB), and key-value (redis) databases
- Experience in TDD and CI/CD
- Experience with Linux environments and container technologies - Docker is considered an asset
- Experience with configuration and automation managers (e.g. Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g. OpenStack, AWS, GCP)
- Good sense of analysis and synthesis
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to support systems in production
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- A sense of initiative
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in the organization of your work
- Able to work in a team
- Able to adapt to change
- A result-oriented spirit
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.