Full-time - REF18630M
As a Virtualization Administrator, you will be part of Ubisoft's IT infrastructure teams, located in Montreal, Paris and Singapore. In a DevOps context, the VMWare team provides hosting and connectivity services on the internal cloud for all Ubisoft games.
You will be responsible for the health and operation of the virtualization infrastructure by bringing your understanding of storage, and operating systems. You will also participate in the evolution of the platform by assisting in the architecture, design and development of the platform.
- Participate in the implementation of continuous integration and CI/CD pipeline delivery systems;
- Automate day to day tasks thanks to scripting and through automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Be responsible for the proper functioning and stability of the VMware platform (vSphere);
- Participate in migration projects, deployment and design of new virtualization infrastructures;
- Support services in production by managing alerts to ensure proper operation, high availability of the system and quality of services;
- Perform system, application and firmware upgrades;
- Participate in technical and operational analyses with the collaboration of peers;
- Propose new solutions as well as new technical designs and standards;
- Write documentation related to standards, operations and usage;
- Respond to user requests and service requests.
*(A rotation of on-call duties between colleagues is to be expected).
- Strong knowledge of scripting, automation principles and tools such as Ansible, Python, CI/CD, GitLab, and others;
- Very good knowledge of vSphere;
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating system administration;
- Knowledge of Openstack, is a plus;
- Knowledge of containerization concepts with Docker and Kubernetes is an asset;
- Bilingualism in French and English is required both verbally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.