VFX Artist – Rainbow Six Siege
Full-time - REF23827O
As a VFX Artist at Ubi MTL, you will deliver visually impressive moments that positively influence gameplay and enhance the player experience. Be it smoke, fire, an explosion, falling snow, or a waterfall, every one of your effects will accent the immersive game world – and often will have people wondering, “How did you do that?”
As a tech-savvy artist, you’ll combine technology and creativity to make the magic happen. You’ll be able to adapt to a variety of tools while relying on your core talent to create and integrate impactful, high quality, real-time visual effects.
About Rainbow Six Siege
With more than 80 million fans worldwide, Rainbow Six Siege is a highly strategic first-person shooter. Requiring both quick thinking and agility, players compete in frenetic team-based battles where only the most skilled survive.
Be part of a close-knit team, driven by the creativity that arises from the daily challenges of a constantly evolving game. Powered by ambition, we embrace innovation to deliver the best gaming experience to our community. Amid action and challenges, our team never loses its cool.
Join our forces, push your limits.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the core team to understand the overall creative vision and establish visual effect priorities.
- Create environment and cinematic effects using particle systems and textures you produce.
- Partner with programmers to assess needs and develop tools.
- Work within technical constraints to craft attractive and functional effects.
- Integrate your created VFX into the engine.
- Develop effects based on play test results and comments from cross-functional team members (debug and optimize).
- Adapt to feedback received from the community after live launch (in some cases), balancing expectations with limitations.
What you bring
- A college diploma in Visual Effects, 3D Animation, or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 3 years of experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop), compositing software (e.g. After Effects or Nuke), 3D software (e.g. Maya or 3DS Max), and game editors (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- An understanding of basic vector math and art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.)
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- A creative and collaborative spirit
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of procedural generation software (e.g. Houdini) & shader writing and optimization (a huge plus)
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
- A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Nicole. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.