UX Researcher (Tools & Productivity)
Full-time - REF20470B
As the Tools & Productivity User Experience team, we’re committed to continuously improving the UX of productivity tools used by our video game production teams.
Our mission is to ensure that people are at the heart of our decisions when designing technical solutions at Ubisoft.
Our UX research, UX design, and UI design specialists work in close collaboration with various technological development departments across the company.
Together we aim to create an efficient and rich work environment for Ubisoft employees and help enable them to deliver high quality games.
As a UX researcher, you’ll acquire an in-depth understanding of our users' profiles and the contexts in which they work, and then evaluate technological solutions tailored to them.
Your research efforts will reflect business needs and lead to results that inform decisions and the iterative design process.
What you’ll do
- Guide development teams on user research best practices by fostering a user-centered design process.
- Recommend relevant UX research activities (qualitative and/or quantitative) based on needs and context (define, plan, and deliver).
- Meet with users and collect data essential to understanding the context of use and user needs.
- Communicate synthesized and actionable analysis results.
- Create and share documentation on the context of use + maintain and develop a centralized research database.
- Validate solutions with end users by setting up qualitative (tests, interviews) and quantitative (surveys, usage statistics) studies.
- Participate in improving our UX research culture and methodologies within the team and the company.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of UX research experience (or other relevant experience)
- Knowledge of UX research methodologies and the human-centered design process
- Experience in implementing a UX research methodology
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics
- A collaborative spirit + the ability to communicate and break down information in French and English
- Training in ergonomics, cognitive psychology, or human-machine interaction (or related training)
- Analysis and synthesis abilities
- Proactivity and solid organizational skills
- Knowledge of Tableau, an asset
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.