Full-time - REF5606G
When you’re a UX Director at Ubi MTL, you’re responsible for guiding our design choices throughout every stage of development to provide players with the most seamless experience possible.
With a user-centric focus, you consider every aspect that affects UX in and around gameplay: features, feedback, flow, accessibility, consistency, and much more. Aware of what we’re ultimately trying to achieve and what we’re actually in the process of creating, you help eliminate unwanted friction, frustration, and anything else that prevents fun from coming through.
What you’ll do
- Partner with other core team members to discuss the game’s overall experience & define how to go about delivering it.
- Understand and identify player behaviours, goals, motivations, values, needs, etc.
- Create communication strategies and validation processes + raise awareness of constraints to pave the way for production.
- Synch up with your UX team to explore possibilities, make suggestions, overcome roadblocks, etc.
- Work closely with collaborative teams (UI, monetization, programming, audio, art, etc.) to balance game intentions with UX principles.
- Review user tests and gather feedback + assess problems and iterate to find solutions.
- Develop our UX best practices + promote them across the studio.
- Participate in recruitment to build your UX team & foster their long-term growth.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Game Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or other relevant education
- Around 5 years of design, UX, or product experience in the video game industry (or related experience)
- Understanding of ergonomic principles and agile methodologies
- A highly collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to think holistically while building iteratively
- A knack for translating analytical findings into actionable insights to inform decision-making
- Consideration of the impact your choices have on end-users and creators
- A passion for solving complex problems with design solutions and encouraging others to do the same
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.