UX Director – Rainbow Six Siege
Full-time - REF5606G
As a UX Director at Ubi MTL, you’ll be responsible for guiding our design choices throughout every stage of development to provide players with the most seamless experience possible.
With a user-centric focus, you’ll consider every aspect that affects UX in and around gameplay: features, feedback, flow, accessibility, consistency, and much more. Aware of what we’re ultimately trying to achieve and what we’re actually in the process of creating, you’ll help eliminate unwanted friction, frustration, and anything else that prevents fun from coming through.
About Rainbow Six Siege
With more than 80 million fans worldwide, Rainbow Six Siege is a highly strategic first-person shooter. Requiring both quick thinking and agility, players compete in frenetic team-based battles where only the most skilled survive.
Be part of a close-knit team, driven by the creativity that arises from the daily challenges of a constantly evolving game. Powered by ambition, we embrace innovation to deliver the best gaming experience to our community. Amid action and challenges, our team never loses its cool.
Join our forces, push your limits.
What you’ll do
- Partner with other core team members to discuss the game’s overall experience & define how to go about delivering it.
- Understand and identify player behaviours, goals, motivations, values, needs, etc.
- Create communication strategies and validation processes + raise awareness of constraints to pave the way for production.
- Synch up with your UX team to explore possibilities, make suggestions, overcome roadblocks, etc.
- Work closely with collaborative teams (UI, monetization, programming, audio, art, etc.) to balance game intentions with UX principles.
- Review user tests and gather feedback + assess problems and iterate to find solutions.
- Develop our UX best practices + promote them across the studio.
- Participate in recruitment to build your UX team & foster their long-term growth.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Game Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or other relevant education
- Around 5 years of design, UX, or product experience in the video game industry (or related experience)
- Understanding of ergonomic principles and agile methodologies
- A highly collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to think holistically while building iteratively
- A knack for translating analytical findings into actionable insights to inform decision-making
- Consideration of the impact your choices have on end-users and creators
- A passion for solving complex problems with design solutions and encouraging others to do the same
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.