UX Designer (Tools & Productivity)
Full-time - REF19124D
As the Tools & Productivity User Experience team, we’re committed to continuously improving the UX of productivity tools used by our video game production teams.
Our mission is to ensure that people are at the heart of our decisions when designing technical solutions at Ubisoft.
Our UX research, UX design, and UI design specialists work in close collaboration with various technological development departments across the company.
Together we aim to create an efficient and rich work environment for Ubisoft employees and help enable them to deliver high quality games.
As a UX designer, you’ll support the team in defining and optimizing the user experience offered by our technology solutions.
You’ll make recommendations that take into account business goals, user needs, and technological capabilities, resulting in tangible solutions that are discussed and implemented in collaboration with a variety of project stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Guide development teams on user experience best practices by fostering a user-centered design process.
- Collaborate with the user researcher to gather essential information to understand our needs + evaluate proposed solutions with end users.
- Organize and carry out Design Thinking activities and workshops.
- Partner with the UI designer to create solutions based on research data and ergonomic criteria.
- Communicate and share user experience information throughout the design process (scenarios, user profiles, flows, storyboards, etc.).
- Provide wireframes and functional specifications to inform design and development.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and similar solutions on the market.
- Participate in improving our UX culture and methodologies within the team and the company.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of UX design experience (or other relevant experience)
- Knowledge of UX design methodologies and user-centered design process
- Experience in implementing collaborative design workshops
- Knowledge of UX design tools (Figma, Axure)
- Training in user experience, cognitive ergonomics, or human-machine interaction (or related training)
- A collaborative spirit + the ability to communicate in French and English
- Proactivity and solid organizational skills
- Analysis and synthesis abilities + a keen interest in problem solving
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.