User Research Assistant
Contract - REF6949D
Be a User Research Assistant at Ubi Montreal
As a User Research Assistant you are an expert in collecting qualitative data from participants in our user tests. As such, you must know how to collaborate actively with all the stakeholders assigned to the projects in which you are involved, in order to effectively and efficiently communicate the relevant, actionable insight gathered from the research process.
The User Research Assistant is also called upon to contribute actively contribute to the conduct of ad-hoc research and to the constant reflection of the Laboratory on the improvement of its research methods and processes.
Some of the daily tasks of a User Research Assistant at Ubi Montreal
- Gathering usability and user experience data through direct observation and other various methods;
- Conducting structured and semi-structured individual interviews with participants;
- Realizing autonomous research on specific subjects (eg comparative studies, heuristics, exploratory interviews, surveys)
- Administering and ensuring quality of user experience surveys;
- Participating in daily debriefs with the person in charge of the test;
- Conducting phone interviews to recruit participants based on a pre-established profile;
- Preprocessing qualitative data;
- Participating in test related tools improvement and validation (recruitment filter, notetaking tool, surveys…).
What it takes to make it
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Minimum qualifying diploma : Bachelor’s degree in cognitive psychology, ergonomics, HCI or any other relevant field;
- Knowledge of user research is mandatory;
- Knowledge of individual interview techniques is mandatory;
- Training in Level/Game Design is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the video game industry;
- Master the Office suite (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.);
- Knowledge of mind mapping software is an asset;
- Basic knowledge in hardware & software installation and configuration;
- Be autonomous and resourceful;
- Good interpersonal skills and empathy;
- Team player;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Be curious, proactive and critical;
- Ability to follow a test protocol thoroughly;
- Be flexible and reactive;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Be organized.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary professionals connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.