Tools & Infrastructure Reliability Specialist (Anvil Pipeline)
Full-time - REF20062T
Join the ambitious Anvil Pipeline department, whose mandate is to collaboratively develop the technologies related to the Anvil/Scimitar video game production pipeline. As part of the Production Tools Reliability team, you will be responsible for ensuring the stability and reliability of the production environments.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the ongoing viability, stability and performance of the Anvil Pipeline tools and infrastructure while also being responsible for educating teams on testing, propagating good development practices, automating as much as possible and delivering a quality solution quickly to users.
Anvil is a Game Engine developed internally at Ubisoft and used worldwide to power the greatest AAA games. Originally developed alongside the release of the original Assassin’s Creed in 2007 to build one dynamic open world games it has since evolved to support a huge variety of game genres and platforms. Play the most tactical 5vs5 FPS in Rainbow 6 Siege on your PC or jump into a mass multiplayer playground in Rider’s Republic on your next generation console …. there is no limit with Anvil.
In the Anvil team we strongly believe in empowering our developers and enabling them to build the most innovative, amazing-looking and enriching game experiences. If you join us you will be working in close collaboration with multiple production teams and help us create a cutting-edge production pipeline featuring powerful core services and easy-to-use tools.
Fancy joining the Anvil community?
What you'll do
- Respond to support requests and be proactive in resolving issues
- Consult and work with development teams to improve visibility, control and robustness of internal and external services;
- Educate, support and coach development teams on technology choices and tools to improve integration and continuous deployment systems;
- Document problems and solutions. Share these with other teams through training, KBA (Knowledge Base Articles) and other means;
- Create Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and implement recommendations;
- Collaborate with the development teams to diagnose and correct anomalies and failures related to the services;
- Implement tools and work processes to facilitate the deployment of services by developers in a secure and controlled manner;
- Coordinate the different resources across the teams to restore and ensure a SLA (Service Level Agreement);
- Automate everything;
- Perform all other related tasks.
What you bring
- University degree in computer science or computer engineering or other relevant training.
- Experience in software development and systems administration.
- Experience in infrastructure automation (Cloud and on-premises);
- Knowledge of programming (C#);
- Experience in resilient, scalable and redundant architecture design;
- Experience in software development and optimization.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Ability to solve complex problems;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
- Ability to work under stress;
- Be result and customer oriented;
- Very good knowledge of distributed systems.
- Very good knowledge of Linux and Windows systems administration
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.