Texture Artist – Helix
Full-time - REF19963J
As a Texture Artist at Ubi MTL, you'll make an immersive world come alive by creating and applying textures that give depth and dimension to everything within it. With a mix of observation, skill, and imagination, you add the details that define characters, objects, and environments.
You take inspiration from reality to build believable materials and adapt to new tools to push them to their full potential. You freely choose the methods that work best for you to create a finished look that fits the feel of the game and makes it memorable.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the art team to grasp the game’s artistic vision and set texture priorities.
- Study concept art and research your own references to develop the visual design language.
- Work closely with level artists to understand environment needs.
- Create textures from scratch, references, or scans & build and organize your texture library.
- Partner with modellers to suggest textures and help with 3D mapping.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Polish textures and apply them to 3D models.
- Document and share your knowledge and best practices.
- Modify your work based on feedback received from interdependent teams (debug and optimize).
What you bring
- Experience in texturing, modelling, lighting, or other related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and familiarity with the 3D software Maya + game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- Experience in creating and managing shaders in VRAY
- A solid understanding of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.), physically based rendering, and game constraints
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent observation, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- Aesthetic sensitivity and a keen eye for even the subtlest of details
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Nicole. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.