Technical Writer – Anvil Pipeline
Full-time - REF13731K
As a Technical Writer at Ubi MTL, you create and maintain understandable, usable documentation about our in-house game production pipeline, Anvil.
Not only do you have a thorough grasp of the subject matter you’re communicating but you also have a deep understanding of your audience: programmers and other highly technical, advanced users.
You anticipate and provide the information they need, plus define how to go about best diffusing it across the company.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with production teams to discuss the technologies and workflows to be documented.
- Write, format, and edit various forms of documentation (standard operating procedures, APIs, etc.) + add supporting graphics.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing throughout our studios & help colleagues put together accurate well-written communications.
- Partner with content specialists to define documentation standards and best practices.
- Participate in assessing and proposing software and methods to continuously improve our documentation processes.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of writing experience or other relevant experience (documenting engine architecture, products, SDKs, APIs, or processes a huge plus)
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into clear, comprehensive, developer-focused documentation
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- A collaborative, innovative, and solution-oriented spirit
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, and a whole lot of flexibility
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach writing samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.