Technical Production Manager (CoDev) – Rainbow Six Mobile
Full-time - REF23736Y
As a Technical Production Manager (Codev) at Ubisoft Montreal, your primary role will be to provide technically knowledgeable management support to CoDev partner developers as well as programming leads in Montreal. Working under and assisting the Associate Producer (CoDev), you’ll use your specialized background to act as the primary technical advisor to the CoDev management team.
While your colleagues within the team will concentrate on high-level production, you will make equal use of soft and hard skills to enable programmers and adjacent content creators to work efficiently together across studios and complete their deliverables. Oversight of technical-focused production mandates may also be part of the job.
In addition to being open to those with technical management experience, we believe that this position is an excellent entry into management for programmers who wish to make the transition.
About Rainbow Six Mobile
Our Rainbow Six Mobile project is an ambitious AAA mobile game developed in partnership with teams around the world
Surrounded by colleagues specialized in delivering core tech, throughout your onboarding - and beyond - you'll have the support of a host of experts who will help you develop and refine your skills while collectively elevating the quality and vision of the game.
As a team, we firmly believe:
- In a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment.
- In iterative development and delivering value to players quickly (we ship live every 2 weeks ).
- That nothing is off-limits, and it’s possible (and encouraged) to deliver major technical improvements in small increments.
- That this philosophy enables us to deliver a better quality game for our players.
What you’ll do
- Manage the collaboration between the programming leads in Montreal and their peers in CoDev partners.
- Drive the advancement of transversal, technical topics that require high engagement from CoDev partners
- Act as a technical management ambassador between studios (advocate for the needs and requirements on both sides).
- Coordinate inter-cell and interdisciplinary collaboration involving CoDev partners (ex. online-gameplay, ui-gameplay, programming-animation, programming-game design).
- Develop a strong grasp of the technical topology of the project and leverage that knowledge to supervise and enhance the collaboration between CoDev partners and the Montreal team.
- Manage technical knowledge sharing with CoDev partners.
- Organize workshops, and topical and recurring meetings as needed and ensure organized follow-up.
- Define and document technical collaboration standards (ex. code reviews, QC processes, etc.) + develop CoDev best practices for developers, document them, and coach developers to follow them.
- Coach developers to follow CoDev best practices.
- Monitor the development of technical features by the CoDev partners, identify workflow and productivity problems, and propose solutions.
- Assist in Production Management duties, as delegated by the CoDev Associate Producer (can include oversight of CoDev partners working on technical mandates).
What you bring
- A university degree in software development or similar
- At least 3 years of experience as a programmer in game development (experience in leadership, an asset)
- Project management & tracking tools knowledge and work experience (ex. JIRA, Excel, Agile methodologies, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize technical subjects from programmers and relay them to less technical managers
- Autonomous and proactive attitude with the ability to manage multiple subjects and clients at once
- Capacity to analyze risk and create contingency plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: you can maintain a friendly and supportive attitude in a constantly evolving environment
- A passion and interest for mobile video game development + curiosity and desire to learn
- A desire to combine the knowledge of programming with the trade of management
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background, education, and skills
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Eric. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.