Technical Localization Specialist
Full-time - REF8564X
As a Technical Localization Specialist at Ubi MTL, you will play a direct part in the internationalization of a game. You’ll support its multi-language localization by handling the extraction, integration, and debugging of all assets to be localized.
While liaising between production teams, you act as a link between external localization partners and the game in development. You connect our partners to content and provide context, so that the game’s essence comes through, no matter the language.
What you’ll do
- Partner with your project manager to understand the overall game and the project scope.
- Format and organize assets to be localized and adapted (dialogue, audio, etc.) for every market the game will be released in.
- Provide external partners with context & keep them updated of any changes to the game.
- Integrate localized assets into the game.
- Work with the quality control team and external partners to test content quality and integration.
- Coordinate any debugging to be done.
- Contribute to coming up with solutions to optimize the localization process.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Localization, Linguistics, Computer Science, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in localization, linguistics, translation, or related experience
- Ability to communicate in English and French*
- In-depth knowledge of Excel + basic familiarity with bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and character encodings (e.g. Unicode, UTF8, ANSI, ASCII, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the market and all stages of development + a passion for video games
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit & a whole lot of flexibility
- A keen eye for detail
*Knowledge of a third language a huge plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Oriana. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.