Technical Lead (Online) – Rainbow Six Siege
Full-time - REF23714F
As a Technical Lead, you’ll be an established leader, an expert in your field, who will rely on past learnings to guide decisions in the present and proactively plan for the future.
You’ll steer a team of programmers towards a technical vision, plus produce high-quality code and navigate constraints to turn it into reality.
With a responsibility to help your team of programmers develop their skills, you’ll coach and mentor them, empowering them to innovate and perform at their best.
Thanks to your expertise, credibility, and reliability, not only will developers on your project be able to turn to you for information and direction, but so will others. You’ll be a go-to person for guidance and a trusted advisor for Ubisoft employees worldwide.
About Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six Siege is a constantly evolving game as a service, a competitive, esports-oriented 5v5 PVP shooter. Over the last 6 years, we have continuously added new content while simultaneously enhancing our technical and data foundations.
Surrounded by colleagues specialized in delivering core tech, throughout your onboarding - and beyond - you'll have the support of a host of experts who will help you develop and refine your skills while collectively elevating the quality and vision of the game.
As a team, we firmly believe:
- In a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment.
- In iterative development and delivering value to players quickly (we ship live every 2 weeks ).
- That nothing is off-limits, and it’s possible (and encouraged) to deliver major technical improvements in small increments.
- That this philosophy enables us to deliver a better quality game for our players.
What you’ll do
- Define the technical vision within your area of specialization (e.g. gameplay, animation, UI, physics, AI, 3D, engine, etc.) + plan its technical roadmap.
- Regularly meet with your programming team to discuss progress; tackle setbacks; share updates; present features; give feedback; informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks and issues; etc.
- Mentor and motivate programmers to develop their technical skills + provide them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.).
- Write elegant code customized to the hardware you’re working with.
- Provide technical oversight by reviewing code and making technical validations.
- Anticipate and assess complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions.
- Sync up with other technical leads to remove blockers and keep production moving forward.
- Communicate with interdependent teams on other projects to exchange information.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to define our best practices + share them with our studios.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 7 years of programming experience + 2 years of technical leadership
- A deep understanding of a variety of game engines, systems, programming languages, interdependencies, and critical issues
- The ability to make informed, immediate decisions with minimal long-term impacts
- A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again
- Excellent mentorship, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.