Technical Lead (Architect) – InnerSource
Full-time - REF17874H
As a Technical Lead (Architect), you’ll guide DTest, a primary distributed test framework and InnerSource project for automated testing, into the future: steering it – and its many contributors throughout Ubi – in a unified direction.
Used by several game teams, like Rainbow 6, Assassin’s Creed, and Far Cry, DTest is a suite of tools that encapsulate automated test creation, distributed execution, and results collection across our titles.
You’ll evolve and improve DTest: ensuring the scalability, stability, and continuous performance of all aspects of this framework while supporting a group of programmers in creating high-quality and feature-rich components.
A seasoned developer, you’ll be the technical reference for not only the team dedicated to maintaining the project but also the community contributing to it.
What you’ll do
- Play a key role in setting DTest’s technical direction and priorities.
- Build infrastructure as code + design custom tools and scripts as necessary.
- Define and promote storage, cloud, and build pipeline standards and requirements.
- Foster communication with game teams to understand their needs & offer technical advice and guidance.
- Mentor and motivate your team of programmers, empowering them to innovate, perform at their best, and develop their technical skills.
- Provide technical oversight by reviewing code & ensuring that contributions from the community are integrated safely and efficiently.
- Create and maintain accessible technical documentation that will serve as a company-wide reference.
- Anticipate, assess, and troubleshoot complex, escalated issues (related to storage, cloud services, etc.).
What you bring
- Experience in DevOps tooling
- A deep understanding of build pipelines, build automation, and continuous delivery
- Proficiency in C++ and C#
- Experience managing reproducible infrastructure & creating and maintaining a microservice architecture
- Solid communication skills that allow you to enhance collaboration in distributed teams
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others learn and grow
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience managing or contributing to open source projects
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Mongo DB, MySQL, Docker, and Kubernetes
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.