Technical Graphic Director (Art)
Full-time - 3156BR
As a Technical Art Director at Ubi MTL, you have the highest-level understanding of what our tech can do, can’t do, yet could do, plus visibility on the project as a whole. You’re responsible for providing expert insight, tools, and support to steer a game – and its creators – towards success.
Working with other directors early on, you discuss intentions before making any commitments. You take into account not only measurable factors such as rendering, performance, and memory, but also intangible ones like timing and momentum. Seeing the facts realistically, you establish an actionable plan to bridge the gap between coming up with ideas and putting them into practice.
Though every day of development brings its own mix of both expected and unforeseen challenges, you never lose sight of the big picture. As a strategic thinker and tactical planner, you balance short-term priorities with long-term goals, while consistently considering the future impacts of your choices.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other core team members to develop the overall vision & determine technical feasibility.
- Identify and analyze risks (engine, data, features, etc.).
- Assess existing tools + occasionally design custom ones to support art pipelines and workflows & sustain the vision.
- Meet with technical artists and assistant technical art directors to share information and updates, enforce standards, set benchmarks, give feedback, etc.
- Resolve specific, complex, escalated issues & approve technical specifications.
- Prepare post-mortems + recommend ways to evolve how we create and integrate graphic data.
- Anticipate technological advancements and stay up to date on market trends to define our best practices + share them with our studios and the industry.
- Participate in recruitment to build the technical art team & foster their growth.
What you bring
- Art, technical art, or programming experience, or other related experience + leadership experience
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) and version management systems (e.g. Perforce)
- A highly innovative, collaborative, empathetic, and solution-oriented spirit
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, mentorship, and presentation skills
- Critical thinking, time management, and organizational capabilities
- Attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, skills, and games shipped
- Samples of your work or any supporting documentation you find relevant
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Real live people from our team will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialists Yara & Nicole. As they learn more about you through your profile, get to know them through the videos below
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.