Full-time - REF20795V
As a technical architect at Ubi MTL, you’ll maximize production capacity by assessing, recommending, and defining a project’s technical direction.
With in-depth knowledge of engine code, you’ll set memory budgets and be accountable for engine performance.
By supporting new and existing developments, you’ll produce code and help define best practices for the programming team.
What you'll do
- Define the technological vision + lead the design of a new engine or new features and tools aligned with project needs.
- Determine any necessary, feasible engine and tool upgrades.
- Ensure the coherence, efficiency, scalability, modularity, and compatibility of features developed by the team.
- Analyze and resolve engineering issues related to the engine, tools, and middleware.
- Collaborate with technical directors to communicate technical constraints of the engine and tools to team members + inform them of production options and best practices.
- Define the measures required for optimal engine performance (FPS, memory consumption, etc.).
- Act as a point of contact for all engine- and tool-centred technical issues + create and maintain documentation that will serve as a reference.
- Provide project teams (graphic design, animation, etc.) with the tools they need to produce content.
- Evaluate existing engines and tools inside and outside Ubisoft to assess their strengths and weaknesses + make recommendations.
- Anticipate technological advancements, understand issues brought about by new hardware (e.g. new consoles), and implement software systems that support these changes and possibilities.
What you bring
- Around 8 years of programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of hardware & video game tools, consoles, and tech
- Developed analytical and synthesis skills
- The ability to resolve complex issues
- Resourcefulness + attention to detail
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative spirit and a results-oriented focus
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.