Technical Architect – Machine Learning Platform (DNA)
Full-time - REF20593D
The DNA team develops and manages a variety of data services and tools for storing and analyzing game telemetry. Known as a company-wide reference and trusted source, our products provide:
- real-time visibility on how Ubisoft titles are played; and
- an understanding of the habits and preferences of the people playing them.
Committed to knowledge sharing, we collect, process, and curate in-game data. Then transform it into clear and informative visualizations. The result? Meaningful metrics for production teams to make informed decisions and create even better gaming experiences.
As a Technical Architect within the DNA team, you’ll help guide the technical direction plus participate in the creation of a bold machine learning platform used to create/test/deploy machine learning algorithms like our content recommendation system for Ubisoft’s games and services. The purpose of this platform is to provide millions of players with even more personalized experiences.
With a focus on usability and scalability for our clients, you’ll shape the platform from a technical standpoint, while closely collaborating with clients, developers, and data scientists to build a product capable of making relevant and reliable recommendations. You’ll own our end-to-end machine learning platform and core infrastructure, from research to production ML pipelines.
Responsible for improving this fast-growing platform, you’ll play a critical role in its future on all technical aspects and alignment within the company.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the platform’s overall technical vision + drive technical decisions.
- Help design, prototype, and build APIs, tools, code, and a scalable infrastructure for operating the machine learning pipeline at scale.
- Work closely with other teams within Ubisoft to identify technical opportunities for the platform.
- Piece together internally developed components as well as open-source solutions to build a coherent machine learning platform to be used by production teams and other teams across Ubisoft.
- Coach developers on the team on a technical level.
- Collaborate on decisions on the machine learning platform to enhance its quality.
- Keep a global perspective on machine learning platforms to position Ubisoft as a leader in the domain.
- Monitor technological advancements and trends to develop our best practices.
What you bring
- Around 8 years of experience in software or data engineering (or related experience), including technology leadership
- Experience with modern infrastructure, tools, and cloud technology (e.g. AWS, EMR, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc.)
- Knowledge of Python and Java
- Experience with big data technologies (like Kafka, S3, Spark, and Hive) and in building and interacting with REST APIs
- Good understanding of ML concepts and experience designing architectures for an end-to-end machine learning platform in the cloud
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Communication, interpersonal, and presentations skills
- The ability to navigate between the big picture and the micro details
- A desire to constantly grow and learn + see teammates succeed together
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.