Technical Architect (Anvil Pipeline)
Full-time - REF19984Y
As a Technical Architect within Anvil, you'll design the future of an ecosystem of tools that will accelerate the work of artists, allowing them to spend their time where they can have the biggest impact: creating content.
As part of the the Anvil team, you'll lead a dedicated and talented group of programmers. You'll motivate them to achieve high quality standards while providing the technologies and techniques to create a sustainable ecosystem.
Your colleagues won't be the only ones counting on your expertise, credibility, and reliability to get information and guidance. Other teams will, too. You'll be a resource for assessing and recommending the best technology direction for Ubisoft employees around the world.
Anvil is a Game Engine developed internally at Ubisoft and used worldwide to power the greatest AAA games. Originally developed alongside the release of the original Assassin’s Creed in 2007 to build one dynamic open world games it has since evolved to support a huge variety of game genres and platforms. Play the most tactical 5vs5 FPS in Rainbow 6 Siege on your PC or jump into a mass multiplayer playground in Rider’s Republic on your next generation console …. there is no limit with Anvil.
In the Anvil team we strongly believe in empowering our developers and enabling them to build the most innovative, amazing-looking and enriching game experiences. If you join us you will be working in close collaboration with multiple production teams and help us create a cutting-edge production pipeline featuring powerful core services and easy-to-use tools. Fancy joining the Anvil community?
What you'll do
- Gather solutions from the domain to set up a complete ecosystem of tools + define its long-term technological vision and technical roadmap.
- Meet regularly with your project manager, technical leads, and programmers to discuss progress and obstacles along the way.
- Provide technical oversight by reviewing technical designs and code as well as performing validations to ensure a high level of optimization.
- Equip your team with all it needs to work efficiently and deliver quality (tools, pipelines, etc.).
- Anticipate and assess complex, urgent issues + propose adapted solutions.
- Help facilitate reuse, sharing, and collaboration across Ubisoft.
- Work closely with other architects and technical leads on different projects to discuss technologies and align your practices + stay current with industry advances and standards.
- Advance the technology vision in collaboration with interdependent teams in Montreal, Winnipeg, Montpelier, and Bucharest.
What you bring
- Extensive programming and technical leadership experience
- An aptitude for code optimization
- In-depth knowledge of:
- REST APIs
- distributed systems/microservices architecture
- Familiarity with content creation services and tools such as Shotgun
- An understanding of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or other relevant training)
- Interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to reinforce collaboration (especially in distributed teams)
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Laurence. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.