Team Lead- UI Programming (C++)
Full-time - REF8851L
As a Team Lead at Ubi Montréal, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
You have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the flow and delivery of key information for the player.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will it be easy for the player to flow through menus? Does the HUD feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As the leader of a cohesive presentation team composed of UI designers and artists, you will bring to life the vision of the UI designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
Your vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s contribution. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you have contributed to offering a rich experience to our players. That’s what truly motivates you.
What you'll do
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines, to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code new and existing UI systems to meet the intent of the game’s design and flow alongside your team on a daily basis. You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
What you'll bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in game programming
- A minimum of 1 year experience managing a team of game programmers
- Proficient in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production
- Experience in gameplay, UI, and design (menus, HUD);
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a programming team lead
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game;
- You are creative and thirsty for innovation.
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
- Remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand.)
- A deep understanding of video game production with the ease to see the perspectives of other game production disciplines
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.