Talent Development and Organizational Evolution Director
Full-time - REF20656D
Ubisoft Montreal's studio growth and rapid evolution of roles present an opportunity to think outside the box and test, push and, most importantly, innovate our practices.
As a director in the Talent department, you’ll drive the vision and direction of our talent development practices and the evolution of our culture and organization to meet today's realities while preparing the studio and its 4,000+ employees for tomorrow's needs.
Your areas of responsibility will cover essential topics, such as employee engagement and development paths, succession planning, leadership development, and performance management.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Talent, you’ll oversee a passionate and highly motivated team of around 20 people. You’ll take their expertise in training, coaching, business development, and activity coordination - to name a few - to the next level.
You’ll also strengthen and develop a service offering unique to Ubisoft, one aligned with the company's positioning and centered on the notions of knowledge sharing, change management, sense of community, and skills development.
We have the means to support our ambitions. We now need your leadership and abilities to transform them into reality.
What you’ll do
- Establish and drive the talent development vision, priorities, and direction to contribute to the success and growth of Ubisoft Montreal and its employees.
- Guide innovative talent management strategies to enhance studio, team, and individual capabilities and performance.
- Oversee your talent development team and guide them in achieving goals related to structural and organizational evolution, succession planning, advancing key roles, talent, and more.
- Leverage metrics, reports, and other data sources (like results from various surveys and interviews) to assess our talent management programs, practices, and programs + provide insight into factors that contribute to organizational success and identify any gaps.
- Lead the development of long-term programs and initiatives, such as succession plans and leadership development programs, to identify and best prepare employees for senior and leadership roles.
- Build partnerships within Ubisoft, including with the studio management and HQ teams, to ensure that all talent practices are aligned to strengthen the company’s culture.
- Provide strategic advice to senior management on matters focused on structural and organizational evolution + play a leadership role in change management at the studio.
- Work closely with the D&I Director to ensure diversity and inclusion is reflected in our talent development practices, policies, and processes.
- Stay up to date on talent management approaches and trends to design initiatives that advance our culture and solutions that improve the employee experience.
What you bring
- Around 10 years of experience in a talent management leadership role (or other relevant experience)
- An inclusive, influential, and inspiring leadership style that allows you to rally people from different backgrounds around common goals
- In-depth knowledge of organizational development, program, and project management (you have experience in operationalizing programs focused on talent management and leadership development & in leading business transformation projects)
- A solid understanding of internal and external environments + an analytical mind that allows you to understand issues and make data-backed decisions
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French + the ability to foster trusting relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Organizational Behaviour (or other related discipline)
- Flexibility, curiosity, and agility in problem-solving and stakeholder management
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.