Systems Administrator – NOC
Full-time - REF17908D
The Command Center team monitors all of Ubisoft’s IT including online games, corporate services and more. As a System Administrator, you will be responsible for ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance by monitoring the whole infrastructure, acting upon alerts or incidents via troubleshooting methods and resolving and/or escalating them. You will also be responsible for internal communications on any activities performed on the infrastructure as well as unplanned downtime or degradation. The reliability and health of the monitoring platform lie on you as well.
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Identify and apply corrective measures to prevent any type of service degradation or outage;
- Initiate the incident management process in the cases where an incident cannot be prevented and communicate internally the impacts related to any incident or maintenance;
- Perform thorough technical analysis of any incident on Microsoft, Linux, network infrastructure, and in-house systems and escalate/liaise with other teams/departments when necessary in order to resolve an incident;
- Identify service restoration automation opportunities and apply automated response via scripted methods;
- Must be able to work flexible hours including overtime as required.
Skills and knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux CLI, Windows Servers Platform, networking configurations (Firewall, DNS);
- Being familiar with monitoring solutions;
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and simply on any kind of situation;
- Ability to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems;
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly;
- Bilingual oral and written, comprehension of French and English.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.