Support Specialist – Programming
Full-time - REF11917C
As a Support Specialist within Ubi MTL’s Harbour team, you will provide supervision and technical support for a variety of products that are integrated into our online games. More specifically, you’ll be the direct link between production teams and our products, responsible for any and all tasks related to integration as well as problem-solving.
You clearly and coherently communicate integration-specific information both on paper through your technical documentation and in person during meetings. With flexibility, sustainability, and of course, quality as your keywords, when it comes to solutions, you’re a source of proposals focused on stability and longevity.
What you’ll do
- Foster relationships with production teams and be their primary contact person.
- Investigate technical problems encountered by game developers.
- Recommend robust and sustainable solutions + find fixes and develop new features.
- Guide technical teams throughout product integration (SDKs, APIs, etc.).
- Train production team members on how to use our products.
- Assess infrastructure issues + modify servers and network equipment.
- Create and maintain technical documentation that will serve as a reference.
- Increase testing coverage.
- Ensure that technical solutions developed by production teams respect our constraints and best practices.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 1-3 years of experience in computer science, programming, front-end development, network infrastructure management, or related experience (online development an asset)
- A collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit
- Attention to detail, curiosity, critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle many issues simultaneously
- Motivation to help others resolve technical and complex problems
*An understanding of Angular and RESTful interfaces a plus
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.