Sr Data Developer
Full-time - REF17517F
As a Sr Data Developer working with the NCSA Data Science team, you will be developing and maintaining data services, platforms and pipelines that assist the marketing team in their communications with Ubisoft players.
Who you are
You are an experienced developer with a proven track record working with big data. You are a collaborator, motivated by sharing knowledge and experience with your team. You are creative, appreciative of diverse perspectives and excited to tackle new challenges in new ways.
Who we are
The NCSA Data Science team is based half in Montreal, half in San Francisco, and is tasked with implementing strategies focused on improving communications and enriching the individual experiences of Ubisoft players. Our goal is to connect with players through meaningful communication while increasing engagement and acquisition. To accomplish this goal, the team focuses on creating players scores and segments that facilitate sending tailored content, recommendation of games and merchandise, and establishing personalized communication cycles.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with data scientists to industrialize predictive and analytical models
- Automate and maintain batch and real-time pipelines that collect and process data
- Develop microservices to support our data operations
- Implement and monitor data quality indicators across the data pipeline
- Design and build tools that provide confidence in our data quality
- Consult on technical architecture and carry out proof of concept exercises
- Mentor and lead in your areas of professional and technical expertise
- Establish and promote best practices for data development
What you bring to the team
- Advanced expertise in data engineering and architecture
- Established expertise in Python
- Established expertise in Java, Kotlin or Scala
- Proven track record working with Spark
- Proven track record working with MPP Databases and Data Lakes
- Proven track record working with cloud platforms (ex. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with data streaming platforms (ex. Kinesis, Flink, etc.)
- Experience with data orchestration and routing tools (ex. Airflow, NiFi, Prefect, etc.)
- Experience with web service frameworks (ex. Spring Boot)
- Understanding of CI/CD tools and principles
- Understanding of machine learning concepts
- Strong interest in the gaming industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (French & English)
What to send our way
- Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.