Software Development Manager (Rainbow Six Siege)
Full-time - REF19546P
As a Software Development Manager, you’ll shape the technological vision of Rainbow Six Siege.
Siege is a constantly evolving game as a service. Over the last 6 years, we have continuously added new content while simultaneously enhancing its tech.
As a team, we firmly believe:
- In a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment.
- In iterative development and delivering value to players rapidly (we ship live every 2 weeks ).
- That nothing is off-limits, and it’s possible to deliver major technical improvements in small increments.
- That this philosophy enables us to deliver a better quality game for our players.
Collaborating closely with team leads, you’ll contribute to defining Siege’s long-term direction on the human and technical management fronts.
In this strategic role, you’ll oversee core tech teams, like engine, graphics, audio, and network. Proactive and results-oriented, you’ll foster a supportive and sustainable work environment, always putting the well-being of your teams first.
Plus, you’ll contribute to laying a firm foundation for R6’s tech to ensure the game's stability and quality of service (and you won’t be starting from scratch, we already have stable processes and tools in place – we need your help to maintain and improve them).
What you’ll do
- Participate in defining the technological vision for the future of Rainbow Six Siege, in partnership with team leads.
- Define long-term roadmaps and execution strategies + support the teams responsible for implementation.
- Oversee and coordinate core tech teams (engine, graphics, network, audio, physics & destruction).
- Take part in technical discussions with team leads, tech leads, and technical architects + be a key member of the Rainbow Six Siege Tech Braintrust, the group involved in all major tech decisions for the project.
- Facilitate reuse, knowledge sharing, and collaboration across Ubisoft.
- Bring an iterative (DevOps) approach to development, focusing our efforts on delivering value faster, incrementally + reduce technical debt.
- Be accountable for the game’s quality of service.
- Continue to promote a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment.
What you bring
- Experience in team management and real-time applications (or other relevant experience)
- Proficiency in C++
- Strategic leadership and solid communication skills
- A people-oriented approach: sure, you care about results, but you never lose sight of the dedicated people behind them
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- The ability to balance short-term priorities with long-term goals
- An entrepreneurial spirit that allows you to persevere and bounce back from setbacks in a constantly evolving environment
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.