Site Reliability Specialist (SRE) – Harbour
Full-time - REF17292R
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
Internally at Ubi, Harbour’s platform of online services is used by an increasing number of game development teams to create rich and meaningful connected experiences. As the platform adoption rate grows, so does its overall offering. As a Site Reliability Specialist, you’ll help to sustain that growth.
You’ll join our Harbour team to ensure the platform’s performance and long-term reliability so that we can continue to offer stable and evolving online services.
This role is all about creation and innovation. From practices to processes to tooling and beyond, everything is to be defined. You’ll be the very first site reliability specialist within Harbour, so you’ll have the opportunity to shape the path ahead: to problem solve in performance and scalability while automating, optimizing, and driving efficiency.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with your fellow colleagues to build, operate, and progress the Harbour platform.
- Foster relationships with service development teams to understand their online needs and provide guidance.
- Act as a studio-wide reference on code scalability, resiliency architecture, deployment automation, risk management, and more.
- Implement tools and work methods to facilitate the safe and controlled deployment of services + set up and improve incident management processes.
- Monitor the platform, keeping an ever-watchful eye on availability, latency, performance, and capacity + diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Take part in an on-call rotation to handle live service emergencies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to transfer knowledge.
- Security expertise with Cloud providers (AWS) through orchestration, containerization and network management.
What you bring
- Experience in site reliability, software development, or system administration (or other relevant experience)
- Proficiency in either Python, C#, or Go
- In-depth knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes, CI/CD processes, and public cloud services (preferably AWS)
- Experience with:
-configuration management software, like Ansible
-Linux systems administration
-a version control system, such as Git
-Infrastructure as Code tools, like Terraform
- A desire to automate everything possible & to understand current limitations and find ways to overcome them
- Critical thinking, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative, innovative, and user-centric spirit
- An investigative approach to problem-solving: you’re not one to scratch the surface; you care to get to the root cause of issues and come up with long-term solutions to resolve them
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.