Service Director (Ubisoft Connect)
Full-time - REF21080D
Ubisoft Connect, our ecosystem of player services, not only boasts a global network of players but a whole host of creators too – located in Montreal, Bucharest, Dusseldorf, Kyiv, and Malmö.
As a service director, you’ll oversee the evolution of Ubisoft Connect Montreal and its many passionate team members who lend their talents to the project.
With in-depth knowledge of your teams – their skills and tasks – coupled with an understanding of Ubisoft Connect’s vision and priorities, you’ll represent the Montreal division, keeping an eye on and sharing its realities throughout the company.
Focused on alignment, you’ll support the lead producer in ensuring that the multiple distributed teams working on various components of Connect are all headed in the same direction: toward a unified ecosystem of online services that enhance player experiences across all platforms.
What you’ll do
In a role centred on both product and people development, you’ll:
- Define Ubisoft Connect Montreal’s vision, strategy, priorities, and roadmap, working closely with other directors and managers to review plans, mitigate risks, assign mandates, anticipate business needs, etc.
- Oversee the Montreal studio production team in designing and delivering an ever-growing set of online features.
- Advocate for your team, representing their realities and communicating achievements, blockers, progress, etc.
- Establish Ubisoft Connect Montreal’s organizational structure + provide your team with all they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (documentation, tools, communication channels, etc.).
- Foster relationships with internal partners + coordinate with other Connect teams to maintain harmony and align all activities.
- Coach and mentor managers + identify opportunities for your team members to advance in their roles.
- Create and maintain a supportive, trusting work environment that nurtures a sense of belonging.
- Contribute to the long-term development of Ubisoft Connect Montreal, remaining accountable for allocated budgets and targeted goals.
- Define metrics to monitor and evaluate the impact of our efforts, especially the performance of Connect.
- Stay up to date on market trends and technological advances to harness opportunities to continuously deliver better services.
What you bring
- Around 10 years of project or team management experience
- An inclusive, influential, and inspiring leadership style that allows you to rally people around a vision and engage team members from different backgrounds
- The ability to develop a strategic vision and to anticipate future needs
- Developed interpersonal & French and English communication skills
- The capacity to balance shifting priorities and short- and long-term goals
- A degree in Management, Administration, or Computer Science (or related training)
- A collaborative spirit & a people-oriented approach: sure, you care about results, but you never lose sight of the dedicated people behind them
- Flexibility to adapt to change and manage interdependencies (especially in a constantly evolving industry)
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.