Senior Rigger – For Honor
Full-time - REF20615T
As a Senior Rigger at Ubi MTL, you make it possible for characters and objects to come to life and move realistically within our worlds.
From pivoting to bending, squashing and stretching, you define what can be done and how through flexible and intuitive rigs. You take inspiration from the real world when you can – and turn to your imagination when you can’t. With a variety of internal tools at your disposal, you can focus on achieving quality and consistency without having to build everything from the ground up time after time.
What you'll do
- Support and mentor junior riggers to develop rigging techniques and methodology;
- Collaborate with the art team to understand the overall game vision and rigging and skinning needs;
- Study concept art and research your own references;
- Rig and skin characters and objects while staying organized (keeping your scenes clean, following naming conventions, etc.);
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints with the help of technical directors;
- Partner with character modellers to troubleshoot models when need be;
- Work closely with animators to make models move believably and overcome any motion-related limitations;
- Iterate to improve your work based on feedback from interdependent teams.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in video game rigging, modelling and/or animation or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, and MotionBuilder)* + familiarity with scripting
- Solid understanding of anatomy and cloth
- Excellent observation, problem-solving, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- A highly collaborative, creative, and innovative spirit
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
* Knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal), a plus
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A demo reel with a breakdown of your best work – seriously, show us your process! Attach samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.