Senior Data Scientist (Technology Group)
Full-time - REF15622U
At the Technology Group (TG), we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
As a Senior Data Scientist within the TG, you’ll build machine learning solutions into a wide range of products used by production teams.
You’ll apply techniques in computer vision, natural language processing, time-series forecasting, and anomaly detection to push the capabilities of our internal tools.
And, as a subject matter expert, you’ll mentor data developers and junior data scientist to improve their expertise.
What you’ll do
- Research, develop, and implement machine learning solutions into a variety of products and services.
- Monitor the latest trends and techniques in machine learning and artificial intelligence to drive innovation in our products.
- Provide data developers and junior data-scientists with guidance, support, and oversight on solution design, implementation, and best practices.
- Partner with production teams to follow up on implemented solutions + identify areas of improvement.
- Foster collaboration and knowledge sharing across the company to exchange ideas and methodologies.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in data science, machine learning, or artificial intelligence (or other relevant experience) + 2 years of technical leadership
- A solid understanding of machine learning and deep learning techniques and algorithms
- Mastery of Python (C++ & C# are assets)
- Proficiency in machine learning frameworks like scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Excellent analysis and communication skills
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
- Mentorship: you’re motivated to share your knowledge to help others grow & use data science to solve problems and build practical, adapted solutions
Nice to have:
- Experience in the video games industry
- Experience in software engineering, development, and design
- Experience working with big data ecosystem tools
- Knowledge of public cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure, or GCP)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.