Senior Community Developer
Full-time - REF20273L
The Ubisoft Community Team are champions of the global player community, connecting our fans directly into the game’s development, marketing, and communication teams to increase enjoyment and deliver amazing experiences.
Community Developers lead the global strategy for community on every game, creating and executing global plans, and managing a distributed international team that is focused on building relationships and earning trust with players around the world. As a leader of the global community team, you will be integrated with the lead development studio in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Our goal is to listen, learn, and engage with our players through meaningful communications, constructive feedback, and a commitment to transparency. Above all, we believe in creating fun, long lasting partnerships with our players and partners.
- Lead the creation of global community strategies, content campaigns, and development collaboration to accomplish company goals while serving the needs of the players.
- Operate as a spokesperson for the franchise, creating and managing conversations with fan communities online and at live events.
- Define, drive, and regularly report KPI’s and ROI of community programs, content, and staff initiatives that lead to player success.
- Lead player communications, activities, and community initiatives with multiple global departments maintaining consistent messaging and standards.
- Develop and execute community engagement and content strategy that includes videos, blogs, podcasts, interviews, annotated screenshots, game guides, and events.
- Facilitate high level discussions with Production and Business Teams on the needs of the community.
- Lead player feedback cycles and proactively provide insights to partners that guide business and product decisions.
- Manage and coordinate with live service teams for appropriate updates, messaging, and status.
- Develop and manage Live service strategies and external milestones, such as announcements, betas, launches, and content releases, to ensure objectives and KPIs are met.
- Manage and produce internal reports on community reaction, activities, and output. Additionally, manage regular status updates to Leadership.
- Coordinate events involving studio visits from fans, chats with Development Team, and tournament support.
- Mentor and provide guidance for partnered Community Developers as they develop community strategies, campaigns, KPIs, communications, activations, and engagement tactics specific to their franchise.
- International travel required.
- Extensive experience managing online communities and leading the development of strategic plans or programs with demonstrable success.
- Extensive experience in the gaming industry with multiple gaming platforms, genres, and AAA game launches is required.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, blogs, etc.) is required.
- Experience in social media marketing is a strong plus.
- Experience with digital asset creation (video, photo, pod casts, etc.) a strong plus.
- Experience working in a demanding Production environment, with multiple deadlines, objectives and stakeholders.
What to send our way
Your CV, your expertise and/or related experience and skills.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.