R6 Brand Intellectual Property Director
Full-time - REF25356J
Reporting to the Vice President of the R6 Brand, this role is responsible for implementing a world-class connected content strategy that leverages multiple games, media channels and retail products. You act as a keeper and visionary of intellectual property. As a key member of the brand leadership team, you establish the process by which intellectual property is developed, with the respect and involvement of all creative directions and brand partners.
About Rainbow Six
Rainbow Six Siege is a constantly evolving game as a service, a competitive, esports-oriented 5v5 PVP shooter. Over the last 6 years, we have continuously added new content while simultaneously enhancing our technical and data foundations.
Surrounded by colleagues specialized in delivering core tech, throughout your onboarding - and beyond - you'll have the support of a host of experts who will help you develop and refine your skills while collectively elevating the quality and vision of the game.
As a team, we firmly believe:
- In a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment.
- In iterative development and delivering value to players quickly (we ship live every 2 weeks!).
- That nothing is off-limits, and it’s possible (and encouraged) to deliver major technical improvements in small increments.
- That this philosophy enables us to deliver a better quality game for our players.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the smooth operation and continuous improvement of the processes by which all internal and external product teams become and remain aligned with the IP, content strategy, stories, characters, events and details to be expressed in their expressions of IP and for what purpose.
- Effectively communicate the content strategy to all brand teams to ensure they:
- Have a clear understanding of the IP they are working in, from the why to the fine details
- Have all the information they need to develop their product storytelling plans in a way that respects and enhances the IP strategy
- Are aware of and accountable to IP constraints and strategy
- Believe in and happily participate in a process by which all products of an IP are aligned to maximize fan love and profitability
- Effectively facilitate and resolve alignment or strategy conflicts within the IP
- Ensure that all brand teams share learnings, best practices, risks and truths with each other with the goal of improving fan love and profitability of the IP
- Design and implement a process for brand teams to identify and propose previously unknown opportunities for IP
- Support external partners, their businesses and employees and ensure that everyone is respected within the brand to ensure product and IP goals are met
What you bring
- At least 8 years of experience on AAA games or multimedia projects
- Experience writing creative content, developing, producing or editing large global and transmedia IPs (print/digital publishing, streaming, television or theater)
- Deep understanding of world building and transmedia connected content strategies
- High emotional intelligence and hyper-communication skills
- Experience managing people and leading without ego
- Expertise in providing empathetic, productive and timely feedback on creative content
- Broad understanding and culture of video games
- Strong technical skills and broad film culture
- Strong understanding of the interactive medium and its power to support exploration and experimentation
- Ability to commit to mutual respect and "safe space" creative team values
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Please note that if you need a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition team lead Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.