Project Lead Programmer
Full-time - REF7605K
As a Project Lead Programmer (CPI), you lead the game’s technological vision that brings to life the creative ambitions of the project. To achieve those ambitions, you build teams composed of talented and inspired programmers, overseen by just-as-passionate programming team leads. Constantly in touch with them, you plan ahead, identify issues, and closely follow up on features in development for the game. Thanks to your leadership and your ability to make the best decisions when faced with challenges in production, your programming teams can achieve their ambitions.
Sometimes, you roll up your sleeves and get deep into coding, because, after all, it’s still your first love. Your global vision and your deep comprehension of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s hard work. When quality systems are delivered and when they work together cohesively, you know you contribute in offering a rich experience to our players. And that’s what truly motivates you.
What you'll do
- Organize and coordinate the project’s technological activities and resources throughout the production lifecycle.
- Help your team leads to advance the development of their systems and ensure that they are coherent with developments made by parallel tech teams.
- Communicate the project’s editorial vision and engage your team on the evolution of deliverables.
- Voice challenges and observations + make recommendations on behalf of the project’s programming teams at the core team level.
- Monitor the game architecture’s evolution.
- Oversee planning and staffing for your programming teams.
What you bring
- Around 10 years of experience in game programming
- Experience managing a team of game programmers
- Proficiency in C++ and other programming languages commonly used in game production
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Impeccable strategic leadership and communication skills
- The ability to remain calm when facing challenging situations (you know that there is always a solution)
- A deep understanding of video game production with an ease to see the perspectives of other game production disciplines
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alison. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.