Project Lead Programmer
Full-time - REF11841I
As part of Ubisoft's data engineering team, you will contribute in how video game data gets used within the company and how product decisions are made. As our games connect more and more players together, our data platform must run thousands of jobs and serve billions of data points in all areas of the company. You will lead an innovative team focused on building highly scalable and optimized data products and microservices, to support the work of many analysts, data scientists and engineers across the company.
More specifically, you will lead multiple teams in designing and implementing best-in-class technical designs and approaches. You will represent your teams and facilitate collaboration with partner and support teams, as well as product owners and architects. You will make sure that your teams are strong and healthy –including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
What you'll do
- Supervise and assess employees
- Ensure that the technological vision is applied
- Estimate the workload for planning in collaboration with team members
- Prioritize and assign tasks to team members
- Follow up on the evolution of the teams’ work with regards to programming-related deliverables
- Challenge team members to ensure the relevance of technical decisions
- Define and implement work methods that are best adapted to meet project needs for the general programming team (including team structure)
- Determine compromises in terms of time, quality and resources based on client needs and the priorities set by the product managers
- Coordinate tasks that involve several teams with the PMs from other working units and sectors
- Foster collaboration and knowledge sharing among team members and teams on other projects
- Communicate relevant information to the TG management team
- Help select applicants to fill team positions
- Support the career advancement of team members by suggesting development activities and interpersonal and technical skills training
- Carry out all other related tasks
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering and a certificate in project management or equivalent training
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a lead programmer supervising a programming team.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience in building and leading senior teams to reach their potential
- Experience in OO programming paradigm and implementation using Java or similar
- Experience with distributed systems and data processing technologies such as Hive, Spark, Flink and Storm
- Strong desire to solve complex problems by providing simple and elegant solutions
- Willingness to debate on the best approaches with the rest of the team
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in development of RESTful webservices
- Experience with cloud computing
- Exposure to NoSQL data stores such as Cassandra and MongoDB
- Exposure to the analytics, statistics and/or machine learning fields
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.