Programmer (Sound, C++)
Full-time - REF4885Z
As a sound programmer at Ubisoft Montréal, your mission will be to fulfill the audio needs for one or more projects.
You’ll focus on the functionalities that will allow the audio design team to add the music and sound effect defined by the artistic and musical directions. You’ll give the tools to create the auditive experience that will perfectly accompany the story and the visuals of a game.
After all, no gaming experience is complete without well developed and integrated music and sounds!
What you'll do
- Compile and understand a project’s sound-related intentions and set out development needs.
- Assess existing features in the sound engine and establish whether they meet project intentions.
- Suggest audio pipeline improvements by determining project needs and designing and implementing new systems whenever required.
- Manage and challenge the audio memory resources and CPU budgets.
- Work in close collaboration with the audio designers so that they can carry out the design intentions and remain on budget.
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements.
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code.
- Identify and correct the bugs determined by other working units and the quality control team.
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and sound features;
What you bring
- A bachelor's degree in general programming or computer engineering or equivalent training
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in sound programming or any other relevant experience
- Solid analytical and synthesis skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility when organizing work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to change
- Results focus
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your backgroud and your skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Catherine. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.