Programmer (Engine) – Unannounced Project
Full-time - REF19521J
Ubisoft Montréal strives to offer gamers an impressive visual experience, as well as incomparable level of immersion. The fluidity and vitality of our worlds make this experience even richer for our audience.
At Ubisoft, developing, optimizing and maintaining our game engines is an important task to stay on the forefront of technology. As an engine programmer, you'll be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the engine of one of our AAA games like For Honor, Rainbow 6 or Assassin's Creed, as well as developing future technologies.
What you'll do
- Maintain and optimize the game engine to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
- Compile and understand the project purpose, identify development needs, and assess technical feasibility.
- Work with many teams to optimize interaction between various game engine systems.
- Master low-level systems such as loading/streaming, memory management and platform-specific systems.
- Share your knowledge with various studio teams and be a resource contact for programmers.
- Analyze and debug simple and complex performance problems + propose well-adapted optimizations.
What you bring
- General understanding of modern game engine architecture
- Knowledge of different hardware architectures (ex. Intel, AMD, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.)
- Experience in C++ programming and knowledge of assembly language
- Solid knowledge of multi-threaded programming and synchronization mechanisms
- Can analyze and synthesize existing systems
- Ability to solve complex problems in an optimal way
- Computer science or computer engineering degree or equivalent training
- Skillful debugging complex problems and optimizing memory and performance
- Attention to detail
- Team spirit and good communicator
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.