Programmer (Backend, C#) – Technology Group
Full-time - 6965BR
As a Backend Programmer at Ubi MTL's Technology Group, you play a fundamental role in the design and implementation of the technologies used by a project’s content creation teams. You know you have done a good job when they can channel their vision and creativity into a world-renowned game effortlessly.
As a dependable member of a dedicated team of tools developers, your role is to equip your users with the solutions they need to transform an idea into a fun and playable game. You enjoy working iteratively and consider user feedback invaluable. Through this collaborative loop, you guarantee that the tools you deliver are efficient and intuitive.
About the Technology Group (TG)
At the TG, we provide tools, middleware, and services adapted to the needs of Ubisoft game production teams. Be it front-end or back-end solutions, tools, or expertise, we support our productions throughout their life cycle. Through collaboration and innovation, we contribute to boosting the efficiency of pipelines and the development of products to deliver quality games to millions of players worldwide. Exploring ideas, experimenting with new technologies, and implementing stable ones are part of our daily life.
What you'll do
- You'll routinely collaborate with your fellow programmers and tool support specialists to resolve bugs that arise.
- You'll both share your innovations with and learn from your peers in the tools community at the studio.
- Your problem-solving skills and your ingenuity allow you to find the most appropriate solutions.
- You'll frequently make suggestions to improve systems and you maintain clear documentation.
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years of significant experience in developing and maintaining live web services, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages,such as C#, .Net Core, ASP.Net Core, Go, Python and more.
- Proficiency in Rest API design
- Proficiency with Linux
- Good knowledge of Git.
- Good knowledge of alerting and monitoring tools
- Knowledge in SQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker, Open API Kubernetes and a strong interest for DevOps practices is considered an asset
- Good analytical and synthesis skills + attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team + good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity, and resourcefulness that motivate you to go talk to people
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.