Full-time - REF12082W
As a Production Manager at Ubi MTL, you break down a game vision into a roadmap of achievable milestones, and concentrate the day-to-day efforts of a group of production team members to reach them.
While overseeing your direct reports, you’re responsible for defining, planning, prioritizing, communicating, and tracking project deliverables. You have a wide perspective of the production floor: a realistic grasp of our capabilities, thorough understanding of interdependencies, knowledge of the actionable steps to get to our goals, and awareness of where to focus our energy. You see to it that your team is prepared and able to ship quality features and content to our players – on time and in a supportive environment.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the core team to understand the overall game vision & requirements.
- Define and plan the project scope of your specific deliverables (e.g. level art, audio, UI, VFX, mission, economy, gameplay rules, etc.), creating the production schedule and developing strategies.
- Regularly meet with your team to allocate tasks, discuss progress and setbacks, communicate milestones, prioritize deliverables, present updates, address concerns, give direction, gather feedback, etc.
- Track, monitor, and analyze the production schedule; rescoping & adjusting your strategies when need be.
- Provide your team with all they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (documentation, tools, pipelines, reviews, communication channels, etc.).
- Organize the approvals and debugging of deliverables + keep team leads up to date on progress and issues.
- Sync up with other production managers to ensure consistency, remove blockers, and mitigate risks.
- Prepare and evaluate post-mortems to continuously improve our production processes.
- Participate in recruitment to build your team + foster their professional growth and career progression.
- Carry out the annual evaluations of your team members.
What you bring
- Management experience or related experience (experience in the video game industry or as a scrum master an asset)
- Knowledge of the Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) + familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira)*
- Ability to balance shifting short-term priorities and long-term goals
- A highly collaborative, attentive, empathetic, and solution-oriented spirit
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
* Knowledge of agile principles a plus
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.