Full-time - REF20098X
As a procurement manager at Ubi MTL, you’ll carry out the overall procurement strategy for the portfolio of categories under your responsibility: either studio operations or production and marketing.
You’ll oversee a team of buyers and technicians, guiding and supporting them toward growing as trusted and impactful business partners for Ubisoft.
Plus, you’ll see to the successful deployment of category, supplier, and stakeholder management strategies for your portfolio of categories.
- Ensure the successful deployment of the procurement roadmap by supporting global initiatives related to our 4 key pillars (operations optimization, strategic sourcing, strategic partner, centre of excellence) in collaboration with the Procurement and Real Estate Director and the Strategy, Processes, and Tools team.
- Define the vision, strategy, and associated initiatives specific to the portfolio of categories under your responsibility.
- Establish team goals aligned with overall procurement objectives + oversee your team in providing an exceptional level of customer support.
- Play a key role in talent management for your buyers and technicians, meaning:
- Establish individual goals + support employees in meeting them
- Carry out the performance management process
- Establish personal development plans and ensure support and coaching for team members
- Manage responsibilities and workload
- Participate in recruitment
- Set proactive category management and supplier management plans for each of your specific categories + ensure that all key stakeholders are aligned and fully integrated into the processes.
- Guarantee that purchase requests and procurement projects are in harmony with time, price, and quality requirements.
- Develop communication channels and periodic reviews with internal leaders, key stakeholders, and suppliers to encourage, nurture, and maintain relationships and business partnerships.
- Support your team in negotiations, contract closures, sourcing projects, supplier management, and customer relationship issues and opportunities.
- Significant experience in team management + procurement and strategic sourcing (or other relevant experience)
- Knowledge of contracts, strategic sourcing, and category management
- Negotiation skills and an understanding of legal terms and conditions
- A customer service focus and a results-oriented mindset
- Problem-solving and continuous improvement skills
- A degree in Business Administration or Engineering (or related training)
- Impact and influence + the ability to engage a variety of stakeholders
- Solid presentation and French and English communication skills
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being. Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.