Principal Data Analyst (User Research Lab)
Full-time - REF5307V
At Ubisoft Montreal’s User Research Lab, we contribute to creating the best gaming experiences by putting players – their behaviours, motivations, and more – at the centre of the design process.
Working hand in hand with production teams, we deliver in-depth player insights to guide decision-making, combining state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative analysis through a variety of methodologies and data sources to do so.
As a Principal Data Analyst within the Lab, you’ll transform in-game data into meaningful insights that inform game creators and benefit our players.
As a trusted advisor of production teams, you’ll take an investigative approach to answer their questions. That means that after getting to the heart of their concerns, you’ll explore techniques to address them: manipulating and analyzing collected data to arrive at conclusions that inspire solutions.
Not only will you share facts and actionable suggestions, but you’ll also provide teams with new – and incredibly useful – information that leads to even more opportunities to deliver enriching experiences to players.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with production team members (game design, gameplay, monetization, etc.) to grasp their game-related needs, framing them into research questions to answer with data.
- Work with other transversal teams with research and data expertise.
- Perform data design, analysis, mining, and source combining to draw observations, trends, and predictions
- Carry out in-depth studies to discover new, valuable insights that support strategy and guide decision-making.
- Translate your findings into visualizations and stories.
- Present results and recommendations + discuss action plans to implement them.
- Act as a project manager to coordinate production efforts and resources for tracking integration.
- Help build and improve data tools in partnership with other service teams.
- Participate in creating new processes and optimizing existing ones.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in analysis approaches that involve assessing structured and unstructured data (or other relevant experience)
- Data literacy skills + experience using Tableau
- Proficiency in SQL and Python programming
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can interact with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- Curiosity and creativity that motivate you to discover new possibilities
- A solid understanding of mathematics and statistics
- Knowledge of research processes and methods
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes and balance a range of tasks
- A passion for video games (In this role, it’ll go a very very long way.)
Nice to have:
- An understanding of PySpark
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience in project management
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Oriana. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.