Operational Data Analyst (User Research Lab)
Full-time - REF20337R
At Ubisoft Montreal’s User Research Lab, we contribute to creating the best gaming experiences by putting players – their behaviours, motivations, and more – at the centre of the design process.
Working hand in hand with production teams, we deliver in-depth player insights to guide decision-making, combining state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative analysis through a variety of methodologies and data sources to do so.
As an operational data analyst within the Lab, you’ll transform raw in-game data into meaningful information, KPIs, and reports that inform game creators and benefit our players.
Not only will you share facts and actionable suggestions, but you’ll also provide teams with new – and incredibly useful – information that leads to even more opportunities to deliver enriching experiences to players.
What you’ll do
- Be the data specialist within a specific video game production team.
- Collaborate closely with production team members (game design, gameplay, monetization, etc.) to grasp their game-related needs, framing them into data operation questions and self-service tooling.
- Perform data queries and KPI computations on in-game data.
- Translate your findings into KPIs, visualizations, and automated tools.
- Identify relevant sources of information + validate data quality and results.
- Build and maintain dashboards to communicate information.
- Participate in creating new processes and help standardize and optimize existing ones.
- Help build and improve data tools in partnership with other service teams.
What you bring
- Around 2 years of experience in handling structured and unstructured data (or other relevant experience)
- Proficiency in SQL and Python programming
- Data literacy skills + experience using Tableau
- Curiosity and creativity that motivate you to discover new possibilities
- A good understanding of mathematics and statistics
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes and balance a range of tasks
- A passion for video games (In this role, it’ll go a very very long way.)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Oriana. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.