Online Programmer – Ubisoft Connect
Full-time - REF8789O
Ubisoft Connect is our ecosystem of online services that enhances player experiences across all platforms. It does so by supplying an ever-growing set of useful and accessible features that motivate our players to invest themselves in our many universes. Ubisoft Connect fosters strong positive passions that are reflected in the way our players interact with our games and the communities that arise from them.
In collaboration with your colleagues spread over several studios and time zones, we’ll count on you to support and coach other team members as needed so they can reach their full Potential.
All of this will play a primordial role in the delivery of the best possible experience for our players. If this motivates you, we want to talk to you!
Being an Online Programmer (Ubisoft Connect)
Ubisoft Connect is hiring a web-services engineer interested in creating optimized and scalable backend solutions driving engaging web experiences for mobile and console. More specifically, Ubisoft Connect is looking for a talented developer that, within a versatile team of engineers, artists, designers and test-specialists, would take an active role in creating and evolving the Ubisoft Connect's features and backend.
What you'll bring
- A Bachelor’s university degree in computer science or engineering;
- A minimum of 5 year's experience as a RESTful API backend developer (.NET);
- Excellent problem-solving capacities;
- Experience with high-load back-end development - 10K cps;
- Solid experience with load testing;
- Expertise in database and web-service optimizations;
- Excellent capacity in database modeling;
- Detail-oriented in the context of unit and integration tests;
- Able to proactively express ideas in person and in writing - English and French;
- Structured and iterative methodology;
- Autonomy in the organization of the work;
- Good ability to understand needs;
- Comfortable in an environment where teamwork is essential.
- RESTful services
- Micro services
- Client / Server architecture
- Event driven architecture
- .NET Core
- Docker Swarm
- Gitlab CI/CD
- Open Stack
- Elastic Search
- Visual Studio 2017
You will impress if you have
- Front-end development consuming RESTful services
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.