Online Programmer (Game Client) – Rainbow Six Siege
Full-time - REF20156H
As an online programmer, you'll develop and optimize Rainbow Six Siege's online systems with a focus on DevOps and live ops.
Within a team of around 10 programmers dedicated to creating, debugging, maintaining, and improving Rainbow Six's services on both the server and client sides, you'll be at the heart of building new innovative features.
As a team, we firmly believe:
- In a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment
- In iterative development and delivering value to players quickly (we ship live every 2 weeks );
- That nothing is off-limits, and it’s possible (and encouraged) to deliver major technical improvements in small increments
- That this philosophy enables us to deliver a better quality game for our players.
Surrounded by colleagues specialized in delivering core tech, throughout your onboarding - and beyond - you'll have the support of a host of experts who will help you develop and refine your skills while collectively elevating the quality and vision of the game.
What you’ll do
In a group that embraces iterative development, takes an open approach to design, and values feedback, you'll:
- Develop online features. You'll participate in designing, coding, testing, integrating, and debugging R6 features, like player progression, economy, matchmaking, cheat prevention, and social networking.
- Offer technical recommendations. You’ll equip game designers with the means to achieve their vision and help them refine it.
- Support continuous integration/delivery. You'll orchestrate frequent, seamless upgrades across all environments, getting your work into the hands of gamers as quickly as possible.
- Provide end-to-end expertise. You'll integrate your services into the game client and help teams make the most of them, collecting feedback along the way.
- Continue to improve Siege. (We're all about providing the best online experience for our players, after all.)
- Collaborate with an array of people daily. You'll work closely with a variety of different cells within Rainbow Six Siege, external departments, as well as several internal production and support teams.
- Stay on top of best practices. You'll keep an eye on DevOps and technological advances (especially the next generation of consoles).
- Enhance your skills. You’ll interact with your server-side colleagues to develop your full-stack capabilities. (By the way, as a team member, you'll have the opportunity to change cells and touch on a variety of topics aligned with your interests.)
What you bring
- Experience in online feature development and optimization (or other relevant experience)
- Proficiency in C++ and knowledge of asynchronous programming
- Requirement analysis skills
- Open-mindedness: you’re receptive to new ideas and perspectives
- The capacity to balance short-term priorities with long-term goals
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- A collaborative spirit + the ability to communicate within a large team spread across two continents
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.